Code of practice

Code of practice

For our part we will:

•Give you the full time that you pay for.

•Ensure that we are on time*.

•Your tuition will be on a one to one basis unless otherwise requested.

•Endeavour to provide the same car and instructor for your lessons.

•Provide (if requested) a receipt for any payments.

•Book your test for you and let you hire the car for your test,

      providing you're ready for the driving test.

•Tell you as soon as possible, if it is necessary to reschedule a lesson.

For your part you will:

•Ensure that you are on time*.

•Give us 48 hours notice of cancellation, if not you might be expected to pay.

•Listen and take on board all advice given by your instructor.

•Be courteous to other road users.

•Be responsible for all test fees and the car whilst you're on test.

•By doing lessons with Dave you agree to your part.

•Completed your blocked booked lesson's within one year of the1st block booked lesson.

* If delayed call as soon as possible, with information regarding the delay.

  Whether it be traffic, mechanical failure or any other reason.

Dave Driving School

By doing lessons with Dave it shows you agree to the code of practice

The law

First of all, you need to have a provisional car licence.

You need to be at least 17 years of age before you can obtain your car provisional licence

However, an exception to the rule is that if you receive Disability Living Allowance at the higher rate, you can obtain your licence when you're sixteen.

You must also be able to read, in good daylight, a vehicle number plate with letters 79.4mm (3.1in) high at a minimum distance 20.5 metres (about 67 feet).

If you need glasses (or contact lenses) to do this, then you will have to wear them while driving.

If in doubt, consult an optician to do an eyesight test (many offer free tests) before you drive.

To get your provisional, you will need to fill out an application form D1 (click here to apply online)which should be available at any Post Office, fill out the form and send it to the appropriate office, detailed on the form. You must also enclose passport type photographs as all provisional licences now issued are photo card licences.

© Copyright 2011 Dave's Driving School. All rights reserved

Please contact the Web Administrator with questions or comments regarding my web site.